Contributors

07 January 2001

The reformat is done at last. The most time consuming part was the backing up and burning of my data. However, it has left me in a predicament. The faster computer is having modem problems. I also can't find a driver for the Rockwell modem. The Conexant site should have them, but it's really slow to load :p


Another predicament is whether we upgrade or buy another computer... Drin spat the dummy when I suggested we spend $1000 (in addition to the $500 we are getting for the 333) to get a brand new 666. I think it's a sensible idea. The 166 slowpoke can stay as a computer for school stuff and kids stuff, as well as keeping the CD Writer in it. The new one could run the games and graphics...and we would get a warranty with it.


So what do I do with my fun net stuff? Making graphics, email, and my Net sisters stuff? Put it all onto the slow computer, and grind it to a halt... Looks like I will have to until we resolve the whole situation. And it needs a reformat or tweaking first because the registry has some errors from the person who was borrowing it. I'm really keen on getting a new computer...really keen!

My sis arrives tomorrow to stay with us for a week. I'm really looking forward to it. Just limits the net time. At least I got the reformat done before she arrives. That was the plan!

No comments:

Post a Comment